Sport Sedans

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.
One of my dream cars, although I prefer the coupe AMG more.
So this is a question I haven't found an answer for. And I still haven't, to be honest.
Under the name 'sport sedans' I'm talking about cars such as Audi S4 and S6, RS6, S63 AMG and such.
Here is the thing. Why would you buy a - let's say, M5, when you can buy a 530d, which is, well, one of the most perfect cars in the world? Do you even use the extra 200 horsepower in the city or real life? Does the extra $20,000 pay off?
I mean, yes. It looks awesome. It sounds awesome and accelerates to 60 mph in no time.
But do we really need that?



Ordinary, and yet most "perfect" car for your daily life.
The BMW 530d has great fuel economy and
is smooth and comfy, just like any BMW.

BMW M5, one of the most iconic sport sedans.
This 2010 model had a V10 powertrain which produced 507 horsepower
and had a lot of torque,but it was also famous for it's bad fuel economy.
It might be good for your dream accomplishment, but it is not as good as the 'ordinary' model. It has harder suspension, it's less comfortable and also has a bit worse fuel consumption. And also, it's more expensive.
Some people buy it for no reason, or have a lot of money to spend and some are true car enthusiasts who drives it on track days and knows how to enjoy driving, and some buy it because... well, they like it. And its name.
As I mentioned, many people buy these cars because they are rich and want to show off. They buy it because they can. They don't know  a lot a bout cars these people and also are not as good at driving than the others.
As I said, some people buy it because they truly want it and want to drive this to work and not be late, and come back home cruising fast, but while in comfort. But again: Why buy these cars which are 20 grand more expensive, when the ordinary models can do it as well?
I bet you won't be doing this everyday.... but hey!
It's a POWERSLIDE! And I bet you couldn't do this
in your C200 CDI either...
There are two kind of people. One says this: "Why buy this, if you can have this cheaper and more comfortable? Why buy this if that is useless?". And then, there are people liike me, who say :"Dude. I'm totally gonna buy that C63 AMG. Why? Well, yeah, it has worse fuel economy, but look at those horses. I could use them every day. How? Well there are places called B-Roads. Every weekend I will drive the s*** out of this ride. And this is why I'm earning money. It is my dream."
One of the first sport sedans - BMW M5.
These cars were made for a reason. In the past, these cars where made for people so they can have fun without losing any function as a sedan - comfort. These cars were faster and were more technically advanced. They proved to be famous so car makers are still making these cars.
These cars also represent the wealth of the individual who drives it - you will see the difference of your and his ego - while you are in a calm, smooth 530d, a guy with a loud, fast, blue M5 pull up - you know what I mean. Simply said, some people buy it to show off - that they have a lot of money and stuff. That person who invested extra 20,000$ on a same car like yours will feel, well, better I guess.
As I mentioned, some people buy cars to show off and stuff.
So - an arrogant douche can make this beauty this ugly.
Personally, I think that these cars are the best and the most useful cars. They can be comfortable for a long highway cruise, and also they can smoke off a 911 on the lights.
They have enough space for kids. But they have one problem - the price. But besides that, i think these cars are perfect for everyday life. Driving fast in comfort? No need to worry, there are plenty of sport sedans..... but now, which one to choose? An another dillema.

Aggressively looking Audi RS4 Avant for model year 2013.





Comments

Popular Posts