CarThrottle: The Ultimate Website for Petrolheads

Internet is an enormous place. You can find almost anything in it and is full of information that you are seeking for. Cute cats pictures, fails, videos, leaked politicians conversations, 0 to 100 times, everything. However, couple months ago (maybe a year), I realized one thing. On the interwebz, no car communities were to be found. Sure, topgear.com (BringBackClarkson!), insideline.com, and motortrend.com were available, but I had a feeling, that I as a reader and a user lacked the real contact with the community or the writers and staff themselves. I felt as though I was window shopping - you have all the content available, but you can't do anything with it, not even to discuss the content with the creator.

Logo of the Heaven for Petrolheads on the Internet.


However, after searching for months, I found HEAVEN for people like me. Site called CarThrottle.com was exactly what I was looking for - I felt close to the main editors and open comment sections, discussion threads, and garage made me feel happy, that this site exists. What I kept thinking about was that I couldn't believe that this site had been around since 2009 and I didn't find it until last year.


  What  surprised me about CarThrottle was that when I posted some posts and comments, the actual staff commented back and were actually talking with the users. This truly felt like I was the part of the CarThrottle family. I remember that one of my first posts on the site, Adnan, the CEO and the founder of this site, actually replied to me and posted a pun as well. Where in this world do you find a CEO as awesome as him? A boss that posts back cookie puns in the comments of the posts of regular users? Nowhere. Determination of the staff to be the one with the actual community and to be as close as they could to it resulted in rapid increases of nummber of users. This amazing attitude of every single member of the staff made this site the hit it is today.

CEO and the man behind the idea of CarThrottle - Adnan Ebrahim.
Behind him there is his CarThrottle Staff in their office located in East London.

Now, something about the site. This site has some interesting features worth mentioning. 
The Garage is a community, where users can show off their cars and rate others' cars. Cars of the users vary - from Ladas to BMW M3s and Audi R8's. Then, there is the main site in general. You can choose from what communities you can receive feed from. Also, the posts aren't created by the staff only, but the users themselves. There are 47 communities to choose from, which is BRILLIANT.  

And these aren't all of the communities available for you. All of these communities guarantee a healthy dose of petrolhead-ism for you.


Being a user of this site is very enjoyable. I check in this site every single day multiple times a day. It is the whole environment and the community of car lovers like me which make me love this site so much. As a car lover, you can discuss as much as you like with anyone. And that just makes the whole thing better. Because in real life, not everyone is going to talk to you about cars and car related matter. However, you relieve all your stress in this community. It is so good, that multiple YouTubers, such as Shmee150, EngineeringExplained joined the community!

You can share your opinions and thoughts by creating your own posts.
You can also share videos and links from other websites.


I hope all of you readers got my point. There aren't as many wonderful websites and website staff as this site. I feel as though this site makes my knowledge in cars and especially, love for the cars even bigger. Oh and I forgot one thing I am not happy about CarThrottle;

Absence of a mobile app. We are still waiting, Adnan!

P.S.: To prove that CarThrottle got extremely popular, Facebook group of CarThrottle have reached 1,000,000 Likes. Incredible!

Comments

Popular Posts